First Book Canada is dedicated to providing our Recipient Groups with an extraordinary level of service. As such, First Book Canada is dedicated to keeping information that you provide us safe and secure. You may be periodically contacted by email or by phone to verify data in our system.
If you have any questions about this policy please contact First Book Canada at:
First Book Canada
349 Carlaw Avenue, Unit 203
Toronto, ON M4M 2T1
Information First Book Canada collects and how it is used. First Book Canada collects information about the individual interacting with our organization (“personal information”), as well as information about the program the individual represents (“program information”). Personal and program information may be viewed and updated at any time by logging into First Book Canada using your user ID and password (“First Book Canada account”). We may ask for additional information in the future to better serve you.
How First Book Canada collects information. In addition to collecting information at registration, First Book Canada also collects personal and program information from: First Book Canada Advisory Board grant applications and evaluations, book order information including titles, quantities, and prices from First Book Canada Marketplace purchases, First Book Canada National Book Bank distribution applications, and special surveys.
First Book Canada may combine information submitted during participation in any First Book Canada program into a comprehensive profile that will allow us to better serve you and provide you with the best possible level of service.
First Book Canada uses the data collected to provide Recipient Groups with valuable information including, but not limited to:
- Upcoming First Book Canada National Book Bank distributions
- First Book Canada Marketplace specials
- First Book Canada Advisory Board grant opportunities
- Opportunities to receive books as a result of First Book Canada's alliances with its partners
- Programmatic updates
- Volunteer opportunities
How First Book Canada Will Not Use Your Information
Information sharing. First Book Canada will only share organization information with entities outside First Book Canada in the following limited circumstances:
- First Book Canada may provide information about your organization to First Book Canada's partners as part of a campaign that will provide your organization with means to receive books as a result of participation in one of First Book Canada's programs. We may release an organization's name, location, mission, and/or history of involvement with First Book Canada as part of such a campaign. First Book Canada will not provide this information to a third party outside the above parameters without your prior consent.
- First Book Canada may use anonymous demographic information to provide First Book Canada's partners with a profile of the types of organizations First Book Canada serves as a way of demonstrating the power of the mission.
- First Book Canada may disclose aggregated information (such as the total number of organizations or the total number of children First Book Canada serves) about registered organizations to First Book Canada's partners as a way of demonstrating the power of the mission.
- First Book Canada may provide your organization's name, mission statement and location (only city and state) to its partners in order to further the First Book Canada mission. First Book Canada will not provide your organization's exact location, point of contact, phone number, fax number, email address, and/or history of involvement with First Book Canada as part of such a campaign to a third party outside the above without your prior consent.
First Book Canada will not disclose an organization's contact information without prior consent. First Book Canada does not sell personal information or organization information and will not provide any information to other entities for commercial purposes such as marketing.
First Book Canada will not share personal information of any kind with entities outside First Book Canada without consent. However, First Book Canada may disclose personal information when compelled to do so by law, or under the reasonable belief that such disclosure is necessary to conform to applicable law or other legal processes.
First Book Canada may use links on its Web properties that enable it to track whether those links have been followed. This function helps First Book Canada discern how certain Web properties are utilized by its network.
How your First Book Canada account differs from your payment account. For certain services, such as the First Book Canada Marketplace, credit card or e-check information is requested. This information is stored in a separate “payment account” and, to protect the security of your financial information, is not contained in your First Book Canada account. Because this policy only concerns your First Book Canada account, the terms of this policy do not extend to your payment account. For concerns about your payment account, please contact First Book Canada's Help Team at (866) READ-NOW (866-732-3669) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opting out of email communications. You have the right to opt-out of email communications from First Book Canada. All First Book Canada communications have an option that enables you to unsubscribe from that mailing. Please note, however, that unsubscribing from First Book Canada mailings will limit and/or eliminate your ability to receive information about upcoming First Book Canada National Book Bank distributions, First Book Canada Marketplace promotions and other opportunities to receive books and educational materials for your program.
Reviewing products. Use of First Book Canada's product review tool is for your own personal and non-commercial use. By posting a rating or review, you are giving First Book Canada consent to display your submitted material. By using the First Book Canada Marketplace or Book Bank sites, you will be subject to post-sale emails that you can unsubscribe from at any time.
Information security. First Book Canada takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal information and organization information. Access to personal information and program information is limited to First Book Canada staff.
Data integrity. First Book Canada uses personal information and organization information only in accordance with this policy. First Book Canada periodically reviews the methods by which it collects, stores and maintains data. Because First Book Canada understands the necessity to keep such information up-to-date, you may be contacted periodically in order to keep your personal and organization data current.
User ID and password agreement. You are responsible for all actions taken with your user ID and password. Therefore, First Book Canada recommends that you do not disclose your password to any third party. If you choose to disclose your user ID and password to a third party, you are responsible for all actions taken with your account. If you feel that your password has been compromised you should immediately change your password and contact First Book Canada's security team by email email@example.com or by calling (866) READ-NOW (866-732-3669).
Updated August 28, 2019